Tuesday 9 August 2011

Apathy & White Chocolate




Blondies = brownies but not brown... just to clear that up

The plan tonight was to combine a couple of white chocolate & almond blondie recipes for some all round fabulousness.... Unfortunately, I had a brain faze in the supermarket and forgot the almonds *facepalm*

I find making stuff with white chocolate difficult, there are so many bad things about it. It's way too sweet, has less bang for your calorific buck and leaves suspicious white stains if you get it on your clothes.

That being so, I struggled to find another idea for the chocolate sitting on my counter. In the end though, I decided to give lemon blondies a go, and they're far more edible than I care to admit.

I can't find the base recipe again now but I've made so many changes I don't think it really matters. Also, I haven't put it in this recipe but when I make these again I'll consider adding a fourth egg because I quite liked the custardy flavour they have and it'd make them fudgier (they're quite cakey this time).

Lemon & White Chocolate Blondies
20 cm square pan lined with baking paper                             Oven @ 160c

100g butter
185g white chocolate (reserve 60g)
3 eggs
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1 1/2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cups plain flour

Melt together the butter and 125g of the white chocolate. Add the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, and baking powder and whisk until bubbly and well combined. Fold in the flour, then remaining chocolate.

Pour into prepared pan & bake for 30 mins. Stand 10 mins before turning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment