Sunday 7 August 2011

Chocolate and Date Brownies

Aren't dates awesome? I prefer the fruit to the social situation personally but I'll take either in a pinch.
Anyway, I tried these today and they're pretty good - not too heavy or rich. I would probably add either a nip of rum, a little bit of vanilla or half a teaspoon of cinnamon just to give them a bit more depth.

I don't think the recipe actually comes from anywhere in particular, I combined a few.

Chocolate & Date Brownies  
250g dark chocolate
1/2 cup caster sugar
150g butter
3 eggs
100g dates, chopped
1 cup plain flour

20cm square cake pan, lined with baking paper.                      Oven @ 160c

Melt the butter & 200g of the chocolate together in a medium saucepan over low heat. Allow to cool slightly. Stir in sugar and eggs but don't over-mix. Add dates and remaining 50g of chocolate, chopped. 

Spread into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment