Tuesday 9 August 2011

Technically not a brownie... choc banana deliciousness

I really miss bananas. They're pretty much a staple food for me so when they cost roughly as much as platinum like they do in Melbourne now, I find myself both lacking in easy breakfast alternatives (I try not to eat wheat) and low in potassium... picture me with a nervous twitch in one leg as we speak.

Anyway, when they do cost less than my life savings, I love making this choc banana.... I guess it's a cake. I'm putting it in with my brownies because it has the best ever dense, squidgy texture. Sadly I haven't made this cake since T.C. Yassi but when I do I'll put a photo in.

I have made it in both a 20 cm and a 25 cm cake pan because it doesn't rise much. Just turn your oven down a bit and extend the cooking time for the smaller tin. Don't forget to line with baking paper, it keeps the edges soft.

Choc Banana Dessert Cake
2 cups caster sugar            
1 3/4 cups plain flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup mashed over-ripe banana
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla essence                                                         Oven @180c

Combine all ingredients and beat until well combined (mixture will be quite thin).
Pour into prepared pan & bake for around 1 hour. Stand 10 minutes before turning out.

It's that easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment