Sunday 28 August 2011

Why white chocolate is actually the dark side

As I've mentioned before, white chocolate is bad. Happily, I can now add further evidence for this: it does terrible things to your self confidence.
This evening I decided to bake sour cherry blondies as a contrast for my regular ones and to use up the rest of the white chocolate in my pantry. Everything was going along ok until my mixture split and developed a consistency startlingly similar to baby sick. Fortunately I'm far more stubborn than I am lacking in confidence and lived to reassure others that if this happens to you, fear not!
Therefore, here is tonight's recipe which actually turned out quite nicely. 

Originally this recipe comes from Taste but I've done some tweaking.

Sour Cherry Blondies
100g butter
180g white chocolate
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup self-raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1 cup pitted sour cherries


Oven @160c                                               20cm square pan lined with baking paper

Melt butter and chocolate together then allow to cool slightly (Be prepared for baby spew).

Add sugar, eggs and flours and stir to combine. Spread into prepared pan. Press cherries into the top. Bake for 30 minutes and cool for 35 minutes before turning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment